Battlerite Terms of Service
Last Updated on May 20, 2016
Battlerite is a game developed and operated by Stunlock Studios AB, (“Stunlock Studios”), a Swedish company with principal offices at: Kaplansgatan 16 G, 541 34 Skövde, Sweden. PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (THIS "AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" or “I AGREE” BUTTON TO ENTER THE GAME OR BY PARTICIPATING IN Battlerite (THE "GAME") OR BY USING THE GAME WEBSITES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, www.battlerite.com. (THE “SITE”), THE USER AGREES THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, CLICK ON THE BUTTON THAT INDICATES THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME, GAME SERVICES OR USE THE SITE.
These Terms of Service (the "TOS" or "Agreement") set forth the terms and conditions under which you are provided access to the Service by Stunlock Studios. ("Battlerite" or "we"). This Agreement does not supersede the End User License Agreement (the "EULA") that accompanies Stunlock Studios games (each a "Game"). The EULA governs your license use of the Game client or software- and this Agreement governs your use of the Service.
1. Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service. Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with the Terms of Service agreement, you may use the Service solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes by accessing it with a web browser or an authorized, unmodified Game client. You may not use the Service for any other purpose, or using any other method.
2. Additional License Limitations. The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the "License Limitations"). Any use of the Service or any Game in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Battlerite’ copyrights in and to the Service and/or Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
1. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience without the express consent of Stunlock Studios.
2. Exploit the Service, a Game or any part thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use for monetary gain without the express written consent of Stunlock Studios; (b) to communicate or facilitate any commercial advertisement or solicitation; (c) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game without Stunlock Studios’s authorization; or (d) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;
3. Host, provide or develop matchmaking services for any Game or the Service, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Battlerite in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
4. Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to any Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service or any Game; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by Stunlock Studios.
5. Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of any Game or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Stunlock Studios GmBH.
6. Disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment (each a "Server"); or (ii) any other player's Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
7. Spread any unofficial information or details of the game to people not accepted into the alpha/beta phase of the game, including but not limited to: screenshots, stream, video, game files, images or descriptions of gameplay.
To send necessary permission as a parent or other legal representative, please e-mail: Contact@stunlockstudios.com for more information.
4. Accessing the Service.
Eligibility. You may use the game only if
you are a "natural person" and and legally of age to enter into such
an agreement according to the laws of your country. By accepting this
Agreement, you hereby represent and warrant that you meet these eligibility
the End User has not attained the age of majority, he/she is obliged to obtain
the necessary permission in the form required by law from the parents or other
legal representatives. No child under the age of 13 is allowed to play the
To send necessary permission as a parent or other legal representative, please e-mail:
Contact@stunlockstudios.com for more information.
2. Character Names. You may not select a character name that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or falsely indicative of an association with Stunlock Studios. Stunlock Studios may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Stunlock Studios, violates this provision without further notification to You, and may take further disciplinary measures, including account termination, for repeated violations.
5. Account Suspension/Cancelation. Stunlock Studios MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE YOUR ACCESS TO THE GAME AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY AND ALL GAME ASSETS AND/OR ACCOUNTS MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THE EULA OR THIS AGREEMENT, AT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION OF STUNLOCK STUDIOS. STUNLOCK STUDIOS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON SERVERS OPERATED BY STUNLOCK STUDIOS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, GAME ASSETS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT STUNLOCK STUDIOS HAS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY GAME ASSETS IN WHOLE OR IN PART AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITHOUT LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU.
You may cancel any Account registered to you at any time, please contact Stunlock at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
1. Game clients and Service. The Game clients and the Service (including without limitation any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Game client, and the Game client and server software) are copyrighted works owned by Stunlock Studios and its licensors. Stunlock Studios reserves all rights in connection with the Games and the Service, including without limitation the exclusive right to create derivative works. Any reproduction or redistribution of any Game not in accordance with any policy or agreement, including without limitation the Game EULA and the TOS, is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
2. Account. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF STUNLOCK STUDIOS. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.
3. Virtual Items. Stunlock Studios owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Service or the Games. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Stunlock Studios does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of a Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates in a Game, unless otherwise expressly authorized by Stunlock Studios in writing. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of a Game, without express written permission. Stunlock Studios shall not be liable in any manner for the destruction, deletion, modification, impairment, hacking of or any other damage OR LOSS of any kind CAUSED to ANY OF THE game assets, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DELETION OF game assets UPON THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. The sale of Accounts and virtual items and transfer of these Accounts and virtual items between users may only be conducted via services provided by Stunlock Studios.
8. Fees. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Stunlock Studios may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT STUNLOCK STUDIOS IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
9. RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. No Violation of Laws. You agree that you will not, in connection with your use of a Game client or the Service, violate any applicable law or regulation. You will not make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
2. Misuse of Service. You may not connect to or use the Service in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not (a) institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation denial of service attacks, upon the Service or otherwise attempt to disrupt the Service or any other person's use of the Service; or (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to other players, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service.
3. No Data Mining. You agree that you will not (a) obtain or attempt to obtain any information from the Service or any Game using any method not expressly permitted by Stunlock Studios; (b) intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client or the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device; (c) use any third-party software to collect information from or through a Game client or the Service, including without limitation information about your character, any Account registered to you, virtual items, other players, or other Game data.
4. User Content. "User Content" means any communications, images, sounds, and all the material and information that you upload or transmit through a Game client or the Service, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any chat text. You hereby grant Stunlock Studios a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, paid-up, non-exclusive, license, including the right to sublicense to third parties, and right to reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, translate, reformat, create derivative works from, manufacture, introduce into circulation, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice such User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any User Content.
5. Content Screening and Disclosure. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, our representatives may monitor and/or record your communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service or playing a Game, and you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for User Content that is generated by users. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content. WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT ALL TIMES AND IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISCLOSE ANY USER CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CHAT TEXT, VOICE COMMUNICATIONS, IP ADDRESSES, AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION) FOR ANY REASON, including without limitation (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce the terms of this or any other agreement Stunlock Studios policy; (c) to protect our legal rights and remedies; (d) where we feel someone's health or safety may be threatened; or (e) to report a crime or other offensive behavior.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. STUNLOCK STUDIOS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY; INDEMNIFICATION
1. STUNLOCK STUDIOS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. IN NO CASE SHALL STUNLOCK STUDIOS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY GAME OR ANY GAME CLIENT. IN NO CASE SHALL THE LIABILITY OF STUNLOCK STUDIOS EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID TO US DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME YOUR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, the liability of STUNLOCK STUDIOS and its affiliates shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH STUNLOCK STUDIOS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE, AND TO CANCEL ALL ACCOUNTS REGISTERED TO YOU.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW.
1.Informal Negotiations To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this EULA (“Dispute”), you and Stunlock agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiation commence upon written notice from one person to the other. Stunlock will send its notice to your billing address and email you a copy to the email address you have provided to us. You will send your notice to Stunlock Studios, Gothia Science Park, Box 133, 541 23 Skövde , Sweden. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and Stunlock agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations: (1) any Disputes concerning the validity of any of Stunlock’s intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief.
2.Governing Law and Dispute Resolution This EULA will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden. This EULA shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, in the event of any claim you may have arising from or related to the Software Product or this EULA you agree to the exclusive personal and subject matter jurisdiction of the courts located in Stockholm, Sweden for making and resolving any such claims, and hereby waive any right to participate in any type of law suit brought and/or maintained as a class action or similar in nature to a class action. Stunlock reserves the right to make any claim against you and seek and be granted any legal or equitable remedy against you in any court anywhere in the world.GENERAL
1. TOS Revisions. The TOS may only be revised in a writing published by Stunlock Studios on its website.
2. Assignment. Stunlock Studios may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign the TOS and any unauthorized assignment by you shall be null and void.
3. Severability. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of the Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
4. Attorneys' Fees. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with the TOS, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the reasonable costs, attorneys' fees and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
5. Entire Agreement. This TOS, including the documents expressly incorporated by reference herein, constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Service and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the Service; provided, however, that this Agreement shall coexist with, and shall not supersede, Game EULAs and Privacy policies for individual games published by Stunlock Studios.
6. Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that Stunlock Studios would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that we shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of the TOS, in addition to such other remedies as we may otherwise have available to us under applicable laws.
7. Force Majeure. Stunlock Studios shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Stunlock Studios, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Stunlock Studios’s control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
8. Notices. All notices given by you or required under the TOS shall be in writing and addressed to: Stunlock Studios Gothia Science Park, Box 133, 54123 Skövde, Sweden.